It is an auspicious and natural shankha found in mountains. It is very effective in attracting Wealth Goddess. Its also known as Pahadi Shankha. It takes the devotee to Laxmi Siddhi and bestows him with immense wealth, fortune and protection. These are found in the mountains and has sparkling crystal like substance in the opening and sometimes on the shell also. Its dull from outer crust but its inner portion shines like diamonds. It is rare to found, but with very high energies.
Benefits of Dakshinvarti Heera Shankh
- Prosperity to the house, shop or office
- Improve sale in business or shops
- No shortage of food, money or clothes
- Brings peace to the premises
- If kept in the bedroom, it brings harmony among the couple
- If kept during a religious gathering, it brings knowledge by evoking Goddess Lakshmi, Saraswati and Parvati
- Enlightens the students with knowledge and sharpens their memory
- Fill it with Ganges water and sprinkle it on a person or in a premises. Malefic planetery effects and black magic evils disappear
- Removes ill-effects of Brahmhatya, Gau-hatya and Bal-hatya (Dosha due to killing of a priest, cow or a child in the previous births)
According to ancient scriptures , there is a story behind Heera Shankh. Long back old poor lady named Heera-ujawala used to stay in a village at North East India, earlier River Ganges used to flow there. She was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi. Once there was an epidemic that spread in the village and the villagers were dying. Her two sons and their wives too came in the grip of that epidemic and caught the disease. To save the lives of her sons, daughters in law and the rest of the inmates of the village and bring the prosperity again in the village She was told in her dream to do fasting and worship of Laxmi Narayan. Since she was an ardent devotee and was doing very severe penance to please Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi, Lord Vishnu appeared and promised her that very soon the village will be free from all epidemic and all affected village inmates will soon be blessed with good health.
But to bring prosperity she was advised to worship Dakshinavarty Laxmi Shankh as Goddess Laxmi can be pleased easily with the worship of Dakshinavarty Shankh.
With the blessing of Lord Vishnu very soon the village was free from diseases. Heeraujawala continued her penance to please Goddess Laxmi. While she was performing the penance, it is said that very heavy rains started and the water from the ocean started overflowing and one strong wave of ocean unlit the 'Agni Jwala'(the fire which was lit to undertake the yajna) and destroyed the complete place and taken away all 'Ahutis' and donations like fruits, utensils etc. along with the wave itself to the ocean.
This made the Heera-ujawala very sad and in the rage of anger she cursed that the place used immediately be relieved of ocean and become plain. That place has number of water species especially there was a high concentration of Dakshinavarti Shankhs and suddenly when the water receded, these species remained there and could not go back to the ocean.
Since the species was endangered, Lord Varuna (the God of ocean) pleaded Goddess Laxmi to save the species. Goddess Laxmi immediately appeared where the Heera-ujawala was performing the penence and requested her to take the curse back. Heera-ujwala told Laxmi that now her Shankh has become stone how can she continue her penance.
Goddess Laxmi promised the lady that hence forth all the worshipper of Dakshinavarti Shankhs will be blessed with immense fortune but they will be now available in very less number since most of them have changed into stones Shankhs. Goddess Laxmi further given a boon that all the stone Shankhs will be glittering with gems and precious stones. All the Shankhs which had turned into stones were named as Heera Shankhs.
The worship of Dakshinavrti Shankhs will blessed immense fortune and luck if the japa of the Goddess Laxmi mantra will be done using the sphatik mala. They will be most beautiful Shankhs that can happen by virtue of presence of diffent coloured gems and precious stones and can take the devotee to the Laxmi Siddhi. It is highly recommended to keep Heera Shankhs in the puja room or Altar.
One should take a bath and wear clean clothes. Sit on a mat or cloth facing east. Cover a wooden seat with yellow cloth .Take a steel plate and draw a Swastik with Vermillon and place the Mahalakshmi yantra and shankha on plate. Offer vermilion, Milk, Ghee, Sugar, Curd, Honey, Rice grains, flower petals on the Shankh.
- Lite the lamp and incense
- Take water in the right palm and pledge - I (speak your name) am doing this Sadhana for the removal of these problems in my life (specify the problems) and may Goddess Lakshmi bestow success upon me
- Let the water flow to the floor
- Offer prayers to Lord Ganpati by chanting " Om Maha Gam Ganpataye Namah " eleven times
- Pray to your Guru or Lord Shiva (thinking of him as your Guru) for Success in the Sadhana
- Then Chant the mantra 108 times
"Om hreem shreem kleem Mahalakshmi mam grehay aagachay aagachay hreem namah ".
Then offer flowers and rice grains to the Goddess Lakshmi and pray to her to manifest and bless you. Perform the arti of Goddess Lakshmi. Let the rosary and Shankh remain in worship place. Next day Keep Shankha in cash box/locker/ Almirah or place it in altar. Whenever in the future you face financial problem chant one mala of the Mantra.